How can I become a citizen of the U.S.?

Citizenship is a process in which an individual can lawfully reap the benefits of those who were born and raised in the United States. This can be obtained through having parents who are citizens, or though the process of naturalization. For this, you must be a permanent resident, have served in the U.S. armed forces, or are considered a permanent resident through your spouse for at least three years.

How can immigration reform affect me?

If you are in the U.S. illegally and have not been arrested, comprehensive immigration reform may be able to help you obtain lawful residence. In addition, if you would like to come to the U.S. to live or work, reform measures are opening up immigration to more immigrants who want to enter the country legally. Current reform also seeks to streamline the immigration process and hold employers responsible for hiring illegal or legal immigrants.

Can I come to the U.S. to work?

Yes, depending on your situation, your education, and your job position, the U.S. offers a number of visas foremployment-based immigration. These include B-1 visas, E-2 visas, EB-5 visas, and L-1 visas and are based on preference categories. For example, you are considered a priority if you show an “extraordinary ability,” such as if you are a skilled researcher or high-ranking executive. Those holding advanced degrees, have unique and needed jobs, or are investors into U.S. businesses, may also qualify for a work visa.

Can my family come to live in the U.S.?

If you are a U.S. citizen, you may petition for your immediate family, including your spouse, parents, and children, for a family visa. There are five visa categories that include spouses, minor children, orphans adopted abroad, orphans adopted in the U.S., and parents. In addition, your fiancé may be eligible for a K-1 Fiancé Visa if you were married 90 days within arriving in the U.S., if you are both eligible to marry, and if your fiancé meets certain requirements.

I’ve been arrested. Will this affect my immigration status?

If you’ve been convicted of a committing a crime in the U.S. you could face deportation. This is why it is vital that you retain a Miami immigration attorney as soon as possible. Based on your immigration status, the alleged crime, and the possible penalties, our firm can help you form a solid defense strategy to help keep you in the country.

FAQ didnt solve your problem?

Here are several ways to contact us

Need Phone Support?

We take pride in helping out clients. Try giving us a call and one of our attorneys can help.

Office Number: 786.387.9248

Write Us an Email

Need to write or send us a digital document? Do not hesitate to do so. Please send us an email to christopher@fontelaw.com